In the mood to journal but not sure what to write? For those times your mind is drawing a blank, below you’ll find a list of 50 self-care journal prompts along with a PDF you can print out and tuck inside your journal.
Journaling is one of the best ways to practice self-care. It’s easy, inexpensive, doesn’t require any special skills and provides a whole host of benefits, including improving your mood, providing a safe space to fully express yourself, helping you manage your emotions more effectively, and increasing your mindfulness.
All you need is a pen and a notebook in order to start journaling. Any notebook is fine, but personally, I find having a beautiful notebook inspires me to write more often. Here is my favorite journal:
- The Self-Care Planner by Simple Self is the #1 holistic wellness planner, specifically designed to help you prioritize self-care.
But staring at a blank page can be daunting, especially if you’re new to journaling. How do you start? What should you write?
For those times your mind is drawing a blank, here’s a list of 50 self-care journal prompts along with a PDF you can print out and tuck inside your journal.
50 Self-Care Journal Prompts
- What does the ideal self-care routine look like for you?
- Describe your self-care journey so far.
- What aspects of your life do you want to improve?
- In what areas of your life are you struggling the most?
- What are your thoughts on self-care?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- What are your thoughts on journaling?
- What do you hope to get from journaling?
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- What are your top 3 goals for today?
- How would you rate your nutrition recently?
- What are some of the ways you can improve your overall health?
- Describe a dream you had recently.
- Describe your current morning routine.
- Describe what your ideal morning would look like.
- Try exercising in the morning, then journal about your experience.
- Try exercising in the evening, then journal about your experience.
- What are some ways you can add more movement into your day?
- What activities do you find most relaxing?
- What activities do you find most invigorating?
- What puts you in a good mood?
- What puts you in a bad mood? How can you avoid that?
- How do you want to fit journaling in with your daily routine?
- What is something you need to let go of right now?
- What is something you’ve learned recently?
- What does success look like to you?
- If you had the entire weekend to yourself, what would you do?
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
- What are some of the first thoughts that go through your mind?
- What is the best dream you’ve had recently?
- Describe the best day you’ve ever had.
- What would your dream vacation look like?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What does your current nighttime routine look like?
- List 3 ways you can show yourself love.
- How are you currently giving back to the world?
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Describe your dream job.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What would you like to improve about yourself?
- Who inspires you?
- What book has made the biggest impact on you?
- What movie or documentary has made the biggest impact on you?
- What do you enjoy doing alone?
- What do you enjoy doing with others?
- Is there something that has been weighing heavily on your mind recently?
Self-Care Journal Prompts PDF
To download the PDF, simply click on the image below and save it to your computer.