In the mood to journal but not sure what to write? For those times your mind is drawing a blank, below you’ll find a list of 50 self-care journal prompts along with a PDF you can print out and tuck inside your journal.
Journaling is one of the best ways to practice self care. It’s easy, inexpensive, doesn’t require any special skills and provides a whole host of benefits, including improving your mood, providing a safe space to fully express yourself, helping you manage your emotions more effectively and increasing your mindfulness.
All you need is a pen and a notebook in order to start journaling. Any notebook is fine, but personally, I find having a beautiful notebook inspires me to write more often. Here are some of my favorite journals:
- The Self-Care Planner by Simple Self is the #1 holistic wellness planner, specifically designed to help you prioritize self-care.
- The Panda Planner is a scientifically designed planner that helps you take control of your life and flourish.
But staring at a blank page can be daunting, especially if you’re new to journaling. How do you start? What should you write?
For those times your mind is drawing a blank, here’s a list of 50 self-care journal prompts along with a PDF you can print out and tuck inside your journal.
Table of Contents
50 Self-Care Journal Prompts
- What does the ideal self-care routine look like for you?
- Describe your self-care journey so far.
- What aspects of your life do you want to improve?
- In what areas of your life are you struggling the most?
- What are your thoughts on self-care?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- What are your thoughts on journaling?
- What do you hope to get from journaling?
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- What are your top 3 goals for today?
- How would you rate your nutrition recently?
- What are some of the ways you can improve your overall health?
- Describe a dream you had recently.
- Describe your current morning routine.
- Describe what your ideal morning would look like.
- Try exercising in the morning, then journal about your experience.
- Try exercising in the evening, then journal about your experience.
- What are some ways you can add more movement into your day?
- What activities do you find most relaxing?
- What activities do you find most invigorating?
- What puts you in a good mood?
- What puts you in a bad mood? How can you avoid that?
- How do you want to fit journaling in with your daily routine?
- What is something you need to let go of right now?
- What is something you’ve learned recently?
- What does success look like to you?
- If you had the entire weekend to yourself, what would you do?
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
- What are some of the first thoughts that go through your mind?
- What is the best dream you’ve had recently?
- Describe the best day you’ve ever had.
- What would your dream vacation look like?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What does your current nighttime routine look like?
- List 3 ways you can show yourself love.
- How are you currently giving back to the world?
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Describe your dream job.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What would you like to improve about yourself?
- Who inspires you?
- What book has made the biggest impact on you?
- What movie or documentary has made the biggest impact on you?
- What do you enjoy doing alone?
- What do you enjoy doing with others?
- Is there something that has been weighing heavily on your mind recently?
Self-Care Journal Prompts PDF
To download the PDF, simply click on the image below and save it to your computer.
- Panda Planner Review – Is This Unique Diary Right For You?
- Inspirational Words List – 100+ Single Words to Inspire You
- Law of Attraction Scripting – How to Script Your Desired Reality