The Panda Planner is one of the most popular planners on the market, with a cult following. But is it the right planner for you? In this in-depth Panda Planner review, I’m going to help you answer that question.
This Panda Planner review will cover the features of the various types of Panda Planners (there’s more than one!) in addition the many benefits you can expect to experience when you use the Panda Planner.
Some of the most impressive Panda Planner features include:
- Twelve-month, six-month, or three-month options available.
- Specialized versions (character strengths, entrepreneurs.)
- Undated, so you can start whenever you need to.
- Separate monthly, weekly, and daily sections.
- Free ebooks and productivity videos.
This article includes affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of the products I have discussed in this article, I may receive a small commission.
Table of Contents
- Panda Planner Overview
- Panda Planner Varieties and Their Pros & Cons
- Benefits of Using a Panda Planner
- Other Advantages of The Panda Planner
- Panda Planner Review Summary
- Panda Planner Coupon Code
Panda Planner Overview
The Panda Planner is more than just a daily planner. It’s a helpful, comprehensive system that offers two things:
- An easy way to plan your day, week, and month.
- A foundation for starting to think more positively.
It’s not only a great way to structure your days or weeks, but it’s also designed to help you start your day on a positive trajectory.
The Panda Planner is more than just a planner – it’s guides you through your day providing encouragement along the way.
Panda Planner Histor
The history of the Panda Planner is as inspiring as it is interesting. The Panda Planner was created by Michael Leip. Michael has an interesting life story — he has battled both Lyme disease and cancer, as well as suffering a traumatic brain injury, which sadly led to a spiral of depression.
But Michael didn’t let his circumstances dictate his life. Realizing that he needed a system to help him get back on track, he started looking for something that would help manage his anxiety as well as increase his productivity.
Eventually, he decided to create his own system — the Panda Planner. A lot of scientific and neurological research has gone into it, so it’s a proven system.
And if you’re wondering why he chose a panda, it’s because, in certain cultures, they represent balance, and that’s what the planner is all about — finding a balance between productivity and happiness.
Panda Planner Varieties and Their Pros & Cons
There are five different Panda Planners to choose from. Each one is set out differently and has some specific features.
In this Panda Planner review, I’ll cover them all:
Panda Planner Classic Review
The Panda Planner Classic features a full-day spread over two pages and covers three months. That means you can plan your day in a lot of detail, so it’s great for those who have a lot to do in their schedule.
The layout is fairly simple, so you won’t need to worry about it getting overwhelming. With daily sections like Morning Review, Schedule, Notes, Priorities, and End-of-Day Review, your awareness and productivity will increase.
You can get a good headstart on your week with the weekly reviews and goals for the following week. But it’s not only helpful for business — there are sections for Gratitude, Daily Habits, and Priorities, which are designed to cultivate optimism and turn it into a habit.
- Panda Planner’s best selling product.
- Double-page spread per day — plenty of space!
- Simple, easy to use layout.
- Eleven free ebooks with purchase.
- It can get pricey to be buying a new one every three months.
Panda Planner Pro Review
The Panda Planner Pro has one day per page and spans six months. It’s essentially the same as the Classic, but covers twice as much time.
You’ll still get the space to record your morning gratitude and affirmations, as well as weekly plans, daily priorities, and an evening review of the day.
- Six months’ worth of planning space.
- Bigger than the Classic — 8.5 X 11 inches.
- Same mix of productivity and encouragement.
- If you plan five days a week, you may run out of weekly pages.
Panda Planner Weekly Review
The Panda Planner Weekly features a two-page spread which covers seven days of planning. It’s nice for those who don’t need much in-depth day-to-day planning but can get away with a wider, weekly schedule.
- 12-month planner.
- Undated — so it’s okay if you skip a day.
- Built-in mini routines to increase productivity.
- May not be suitable for people who have a busy or constantly changing daily schedule.
Panda Planner VIA Review
Knowing your strengths can help you understand how best to structure your days to get the most out of them. If you aren’t sure what your strengths are, do a quick VIA test.
This planner is a collaboration between Panda and VIA. If you aren’t familiar with VIA, they’re an institution that teaches you how to find your strengths and use them to improve your life.
It’s a three-month planner with one day per two pages, and it’s uniquely aimed at guiding you through your days based on your specific character strengths. It’s an unusually personal planning approach, and since character strengths are considered to be a huge part of positive psychology, this can really supercharge your progress through every day.
- Uniquely catered to your own character strengths.
- Panda and VIA collaboration to enhance positivity and productivity.
- Three-month planner, one day per two-page spread.
- Those who are less interested in personality tests may find the character strengths aspect unnecessary or even distracting.
Panda Planner Venture Review
The Panda Planner Venture has a slant towards entrepreneurship and is designed to help business owners supercharge their enterprise.
It covers things like company goals and priorities and has exercises throughout the book for you to complete that are designed to take your business to the next level. They’re based on neuroscientific principles and business best practices, so they get you thinking about your business in a whole new way.
The addition of a daily “Accountability” section is a fantastic way to keep business owners motivated!
- Designed for entrepreneurs.
- Aimed at accountability.
- Business-based neuroscientific exercises.
- Purchase includes business-related ebooks.
- It may be too small for busy business owners.
Benefits of Using a Panda Planner
If you’ve never used a planner before, the Panda Planner is a great way to start. You’ll find that:
- You’re more organized.
- You start your day on a positive note.
- It’s easier to meet deadlines.
- You can get a headstart on projects.
- Priorities are easier to figure out.
- Things become easier to remember.
According to their website, using a Panda Planner can help make you:
Confident & In Control
It’s easier not to become overwhelmed when you can view your day or week at a glance. Looking at the big picture often helps take us out of our own head and take things step-by-step.
By planning ahead, you also get a headstart on whatever things may come your way. You’re prepared for the week, and if things do go south for any reason, you’ve already got a pretty good handle on things, so it’s far easier to adapt and make changes.
Organized & Productive
If you can tick items off a list as you’re going, it’s not hard to see how much progress you’re making. The Panda Planner does all the organization for you, so all you need to do is write in your steps and get started.
Once you start knocking them off, you’ll see just how productive you’re being, and your confidence will also get a boost.
Energized & Optimized
It’s hard to feel energized when you’re stressed. Panda Planner helps reduce day-to-day stress and take away unnecessary worry so you have more mental space to do things that you love.
In this way, your energy levels improve, and you find a renewed joy for daily life.
Other Advantages of The Panda Planner
The Panda Planner can also help to improve your:
When your schedule is taken care of, it frees your mind to be more present and in the moment. It can be easy to bring work home with us and take our stress out on the people who matter most.
Panda Planner helps reduce everyday stress and reminds us of what’s important in life. The daily Gratitude section also reminds us to be thankful for our families and friends.
When you’re getting through your work faster and more efficiently, you won’t have it hanging around in your mind when you go off the clock.
It’s easier to leave work at the office and focus on your family when you’re at home because you know that your easy-to-follow schedule will be waiting when you arrive the next day.
Panda Planner Review Summary
In my opinion, the Panda Planner is definitely worth purchasing. There are multiple options available, so whatever your schedule or preference, you should be able to find one that suits you well.
It’s wonderful to see a planner that not only helps arrange the week and day but also supports habit-building and positive thinking.
If you’re not sure which Panda Planner to choose, the Classic would be the perfect way to start, as it’s a three-month planner and will give you a taste of just how useful the Panda Planner could be in your life.
Panda Planner Coupon Code
If you’d like to save 15% on your Panda Planner, then click the button below and enter the code: GIMME15
- 50 Self-Care Journal Prompts (With Printable PDF)
- 20 Quick Self-Care Ideas That Take 5 Minutes or Less
- How to Get Your Life Together – 7 Ways to Get Back on Track