Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Ash
One of the best ways to boost positive energy, protect against negative energy and attract the energy that you want is by collecting and using certain types of crystals.
Because these stones come directly from the ground, they are believed to possess the pure, powerful life force of Mother Earth.
The energy that’s within them can be transferred to you directly in a number of ways, or it can be suffused throughout your environment by gridding your home with them.
You’re probably wondering, “Where should I place crystals in my house?” Read on to learn how to grid your home with crystals to make the most of their energy attracting, repelling and directing powers.
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Need
- Steps for Gridding Your Home with Crystals
- 1. Thoroughly Clean Your Home
- 2. Smudge Every Room in the House with White Sage
- 3. Cleanse Your Crystals
- 4. Charge Your Crystals
- 5. Set an Intention
- 6. Place Black Tourmaline Crystals at the Four Corners of Your Home
- 7. Place Clear Quartz Crystals
- 8. Place Selenite Crystal Wands
- 9. Place Rose Quartz Crystals
- 10. Place a Crystal at the Center of the Home
- 11. Place Two Red Tiger’s Eye Crystals at the Front Door
- 12. Visualize the Crystals’ Energy Connecting and Forming a Grid
- 13. State Your Intention Out Loud
- 14. Cleanse and Recharge Your Crystals Regularly
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you will need the following to properly grid your home with crystals:
- White Sage Smudge Sticks
- 4 Clear Quartz crystals
- 4 Black Tourmaline crystals or Smoky Quartz crystals
- 2 Red Tiger’s Eye crystals
- 4 Rose Quartz Crystals
- 8 Selenite Crystal Wands
- 1 Center Crystal – can be amethyst, rose quartz or any stone that you want
Steps for Gridding Your Home with Crystals
Follow these steps to effectively grid your home with crystals:
1. Thoroughly Clean Your Home
Perform a thorough, deep cleaning of your home. Start by removing old items that no longer serve you; recycle, donate or sell them if you can.
Remove random debris, and thoroughly dust, sweep, vacuum and mop to start with the cleanest slate possible.
2. Smudge Every Room in the House with White Sage
Clear away heavy, negative energy by smudging every room in the house with a white sage stick.
Starting in the back of the home, waft smoke from the stick into every corner and up toward the ceiling.
Pay special attention to areas where energy seems to be stuck. As you do this, visualize negative, unwanted energies drifting away with the smoke.
Let your intuition guide you from room to room as you waft the sage smoke, continuing until each area feels light, clear and free.
3. Cleanse Your Crystals
It’s important to cleanse the crystals that you will be using to grid your home. Note that selenite and clear quartz are self-cleansing and therefore don’t need to be cleansed.
Some ways to cleanse crystals include:
- Purifying them with salt by washing them with saltwater, placing them inside a circle of salt or burying them in salt;
- Purifying them with smoke by burning incense or plants like sage, santo palo or cedar and directing them smoke toward them;
- Purifying them with sound with a singing bowl or by chanting, singing or humming to them; or
- Purifying them with holy water, which can be purchased at church gift shops.
Always finish by placing your crystals under lukewarm running water and gently patting them dry with a clean cloth.
4. Charge Your Crystals
Ensure that your crystals emit the maximum amount of energy possible by charging them prior to gridding your home.
You can do so with one of the following methods:
- Exposing them to the sun or the moon – either during a full moon or a new moon – for a period of 24 hours.
- Surrounding them with plants – in a garden works, for example – or burying them in the soil.
- Placing them in the center of a circle of other crystals for a period of 24 hours.
- Directing your own energy – your aura, prana or chi, for instance – at them.
- Directing your own thoughts at them; chanting, focused meditation and visualization methods all work great.
- Casting a spell on them; find one in an occult book or create your own.
- Placing them under your pillow at night while you sleep.
- Dunking them into the ocean or another body of water.
- Rubbing them together in your hands.
5. Set an Intention
Set a specific intention or goal for what you’d like to achieve by gridding your home with crystals.
It may be to boost motivation, to expel negative thoughts or to attract more love, for example.
You can then repeat your intention in your head; describe it out loud; write it on a piece of paper; or even hold a crystal to your third eye while thinking about it.
6. Place Black Tourmaline Crystals at the Four Corners of Your Home
Place one piece of black tourmaline crystal at each of the four corners of your home.
If you can’t easily determine where the four corners are, place each one in the northern-, southern-, western- and easternmost reaches of your house.
This crystal absorbs negative energy while balancing and grounding energy across a wide area.
7. Place Clear Quartz Crystals
Next, position pointed pieces of clear quartz in front of each piece of black tourmaline. Make sure that the pointed edge is directed toward the tourmaline.
This helps to direct any negative energy in the vicinity toward the black tourmaline crystals even more effectively.
8. Place Selenite Crystal Wands
Selenite crystals exude high vibrations that bolster positive energy and clear away negative energy.
Place one selenite crystal wand in each of the four corners of the home.
From there, place it in a way that creates a border from each corner to the next. If walls are in the way, just use your intuition to place them. They can also be positioned on window ledges that are adjacent to the black tourmaline crystals.
9. Place Rose Quartz Crystals
Place a piece of rose quartz crystal, which is prized for its soothing and healing qualities, in each corner of the home.
Position the pointiest end of each piece so that it points toward the center of the room to amplify its effects.
10. Place a Crystal at the Center of the Home
You now need to place a crystal at the center of your home.
This stone will serve as the focus for the type of energy that you want to encourage, so refer back to your intention to select the right one.
When in doubt, great crystals to use include amethyst or rose quartz.
Note that you can switch out this crystal as needed depending on your mood or to adjust whatever you are attempting to manifest in your home.
Some crystals to consider include:
- Clear Quartz – Known as a master healer, this stone stimulates the immune system and aids in memory and concentration.
- Jasper – Considered a “supreme nurturer,” this crystal is believed to empower the spirit and is recommended for use during stressful times to ward off negative vibes.
- Rose Quartz – The stone of love, rose quartz is known to restore harmony and trust in relationships and is believed to provide comfort during periods of grief.
- Obsidian – A highly protective stone, obsidian shields against emotional and physical negativity and is believed to aid in digestion and detoxification.
- Turquoise – This blue stone is known to heal the mind, body and soul and to balance the emotions.
- Ruby – Bright red in color, this crystal boosts vitality and energy levels and is known to bolster sexuality, sensuality and intellect.
- Tiger’s Eye – Prized for its ability to enhance power and motivation, this stone is known to reduce anxiety, fear and self-doubt.
- Citrine – This crystal is known to promote joy, wonder and ethics, and it also helps to release fear and to enhance mindful qualities.
- Sapphire – In addition to aiding with issues like depression, insomnia and anxiety, sapphire is known to promote prosperity, peace and happiness.
- Amethyst – The crystal of protection, purification and healing, amethyst is also believed to aid in sleep and sobriety.
11. Place Two Red Tiger’s Eye Crystals at the Front Door
Place the two red tiger’s eye crystals, which are prized for their ability to protect against the evil eye and for their effects as money charms, just inside the front door. Make sure that they are clearly visible.
12. Visualize the Crystals’ Energy Connecting and Forming a Grid
Once everything is properly positioned, visualize the energy of the crystals as a white light.
Watch this light activate the grid, enveloping each room and area of the home with clear, clean energy.
Continue until you’ve visualized it completely filling the house and soaring up into the sky.
13. State Your Intention Out Loud
Repeat your intention, or affirmation, out loud one more time. This will help to guide the energy to help you to achieve your goal.
For example, you might state, “My home is filled with love and positive energy.”
14. Cleanse and Recharge Your Crystals Regularly
Don’t let your hard work go to waste.
Once per month, or once every full moon, cleanse your crystals and recharge them using your preferred methods.
Remember too that you can replace the central crystal whenever you’d like to adjust what you are trying to achieve. Just make sure to cleanse and charge the new crystal when replacing the previous one.
If you’re a crystal lover like me, then make sure to grab your free chakra bracelet. The 7 chakra colors are all represented in the bracelet, which is designed to balance your major energy centers, protect from negative influences and foster greater health and wellbeing.
I wear my chakra bracelet on a daily basis – I find it grounds me and helps me feel balanced. To get your free chakra healing bracelet, click on the button below.
Ready to Go!
And there you have it – you now know how to grid your home with crystals. Remember that you can always change out the center crystal depending on what you want to manifest or what type of vibe you’re hoping to set. Get started today to start attracting the energy that you want and repelling the energy that doesn’t serve you.